Food and Health
MILK AND MILK PRODUCTS
- An excellent source of calcium.
- A good source of vitamins A, B12 and D, riboflavin, phosphorus, zinc and magnesium.
- Low-fat dairy priducts are low in cholesterol and high in protein.
- Whole milk and cream contain saturated fat.
- Some people cannot digest milk sugar.
- Milk protein can trigger allergic reactions in susceptible people.
MUSHROOMS AND TRUFFLES
- Fat-free and very low in calories.
- Rich in minerals.
- Some are rich in plant chemicals, which may boost immune function.
- Wild mushrooms may be poisonus.
- Truffles are expensive because they can't be cultivated as crops.